Friday, November 28, 2008

Give Thanks...

Thanksgiving. I think it is my favorite holiday when it comes to the whole family. I love sitting around my table looking at the ones I love the most. Smiling. Thankful. Happy. Full. The past couple of weeks, as we drive to school, the kids and I have been coming up with at least 3 or 4 things we are thankful for. It's so sweet to hear what is in their hearts (even if it's the wii and skateboards). As they get out of the car and I watch them trot along to school, my heart is full. I am truly blessed. The same goes for my husband...as I watch him rock my baby to sleep I realize that there is nothing in the world that can take those precious moments away. I am thankful. This past Fall was one of the most beautiful Fall's I can recall. I am thankful for the beauty of this world. I am thankful for health, small fingers wrapped around mine, a kiss goodbye, a shoulder to lean on, knowledge of the plan that is waiting for me when I pass from this life to the next, parents who love and care, a smile on a not-so-good day, friends stopping by to talk "just because", the words I love you, warmth, comfort, extended family that cares and loves my own little family, kind words, the way the sun shines through the clouds, my life. I am lucky, I am blessed, I am thankful.
Now...onto the DAY OF FEASTING...
A little pre-feast ride around the block...are we REALLY letting her drive that??

Watching the game...

Let the FEASTING begin...

Love around the table...

Which pie to choose??? No need...just have a slice of each!!! Thanks for making the delicious desserts, Mom.

Oh....my belly is full!!!

But never too full for Grammy's homemade pumpkin pie!!

Aaahhhh...my tummy is full of pumpkin and sweet potatoes...YUM!!

But I could still go for a carrot...Hey, Frost, how about you share your nose??

Cheers!!! By the look on Tiare's face we wonder what was in that bottle!!! Don't worry it was sparkling cider!

The official "cleaner upper"...now who wouldn't be thankful for that...or for that cute guy there as their husband!!!

Until next year...Happy Thanksgiving!!

4 comments:

The Gonzales 'Ohana said...

I love that post! You are truly blessed, Nikki. Glad you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving together!

Jodie said...

It's good to see the Thanksgiving dinner worked out for you! I'm still living the good life and have not yet had to be responsible for cooking the WHOLE meal?! Now THAT'S a blessing, right?

Kiana's face is the best, by the way. That is the face of complete satisfaction!

Amy said...

What darling pictures! Looks like it was a great day! I love the new pics of the kids by the tree! I am so thankful for your friendship! :)

6deans said...

Looks like such a FUN day. I love the picture of you and the girls...SUPER CUTE!!!