Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Oops...She's Clumsy Again!!

Soooooo....I'm not always the most graceful person! I've been known to run into curbs, thus popping tires, tripping down the stairs, thus breaking my foot, falling on my behind as I attempt to sit on a chair that has wheels, and the list could go on. HOWEVER...how does standing in front of about 40 people, surrounded by a room full of girls that YOU are supposed to be an example to, and knocking down pictures of Jesus sound??? Well...lucky for me, I got the chance to experience this! Tonight we had a wonderfully nice dinner for the Young Women and their families at our church. I, one of the leaders, "got" to sing with the girls at the close of our meeting. During the song, as I was leaning against the wall, I gracefully fell into the picture and knocked it down. The room was silent, I was red, and my dear friend next to me was cracking up, which, in turn, gave me the uncontrollable hysterics! Imagine standing in front of these girls that look up to you, their parents, who trust you with their daughters, your own daughter and husband, and the women you work with watch you as you hit the picture of the Savior, knock it down and then laugh about it!!! Not to mention, during the closing prayer I had a hard time controlling myself and had to squeeze my mouth shut so I wouldn't burst out in laughter. Obviously, it is time for me to either grow up, pay more attention to what I am doing, or be released from being in charge of being an example to teenage girls!!! Where is the maturity level here???

5 comments:

Trish said...

That would've made my night! I would've been laughing right along with ya....or I could totally see myself do the same thing. I would entrust my daughters to you anytime, anywhere!!

6deans said...

Too FUNNY!!! I remember many a times getting the giggles either in a class at school or a church event...you just want it to be over so you can let it all out...I wish I was there with you so I could have enjoyed a good laugh with ya.

Amy said...

I love the sound of your laugh. I'm sure it was quite endearing to others as well. :) I love when people get the giggles and can't stop. Soooo fun!

Nicole said...

It's so nice that there are other clumsy people out there besides just me. It makes me feel less alone in the world!

Jodie said...

Oh man, that was SOOO funny! I'm happy I had the front row seat for it. I told Bennett about how we were giggling like a bunch of school girls. He just shakes his head at me, like, "come on, how old are you?" Apparently, we're not old enough, and I don't think that's a bad thing?!