Tuesday, December 16, 2008

But You Can't Even See Me...

So here's a Mother of the Year Award moment for you!!! When you want to feel better about yourself as a Mother, read this post!
So, last Sunday our friend, Adam Martinson, took our pictures for our family Christmas card. He got some really cute shots and I was really excited about one certain one. After reviewing each family picture, Adam and I both agreed that this was THE ONE. It's original and we all looked great in it. I was at his house, ready to purchase 100 Christmas cards online when I realized that I needed to pick Malia up from Kindergarten. I told him to hold that thought and ran to get her. We promptly came back and began ordering the cards. I told Malia to look at the cute picture of our family that we were going to put on the card. She looked strangely at the card, looked at me and loudly said, "But Mom, you can't even see me!" Confused, I looked at the picture and this is what I saw...
NO MALIA!!! I was about to order 100 Christmas cards from Costco without Malia in the picture. Better yet, Adam agreed it was the the best picture and his wife, Tiffany, thought it was perfect too! We all neglected to see that one of my children were missing. Now, I can understand Adam and Tiff not noticing this missing detail, but her own Mother????? So here's to you...Malia!! I'll NEVER forget you again!!

8 comments:

The Gonzales 'Ohana said...

Oh my gosh! That is HILARIOUS!!! That's almost as bad as us ALMOST leaving church without Maile in the car! Pretty bad when your home teacher stops you on the way out to say, "Aren't you forgetting someone?" Um, HELLO!! Glad to know that you have "mother of the year" moments like me, too! :) Can't wait to see the final christmas card with ALL of you! The pictures look AWESOME! You guys are such a GORGEOUS family! Love you tons!

Nicole said...

She's young - hopefully she will forget and not need therapy! j/k - at least you didn't leave her at the gas station or something of that sort!

Trish said...

The only thing funnier than this story...would've been the 100 Christmas cards ordered and mailed before Malia brought this minor detail to your attention. Hilarious@!!

Jodie said...

That is SO funny. It's kinda like that story you told me when you locked Tiare out of the house. In all fairness, everyone should get a turn being forgotten! Thanks for the laugh. It's good to know even "Mom of the Year" award recipients make mistakes sometimes. :)

6deans said...

That is the funniest story...I am peeing my pants. Thanks for the great laugh. I sure love your new pic at the top of your blog and your kids pictures on the side. Hope you guys have a great Christmas. EM

Amy said...

That is so funny, Nikki. I love all of the new pictures! You are all so beautiful! It has also been fun to read about your traditions. Love it!!!

Alicia said...

That is pretty darn funny. :) Thanks for sharing!

Co-chillin with the Roths said...

that is classic, Nikki! At least you have your pic's. I'm still waiting for my originals from November from our famed photographer =) Tarilee