Thursday, September 25, 2008

And What Were YOU Doing at 8:00 last night???

Church volleyball, are you kidding??? Seriously, you are going to play church volleyball and leave me with all of these things to do by myself? These are the thoughts that ran through my head as Kione and Tai came home from football practice and Kione announced that he has to go to the church to play volleyball. One kid needs to be picked up from dance, a last minute trip to the store, for a school supply, needs to be made, one kid hasn't had dinner yet, two kids need to be bathed, stories need to be read, prayers need to be said, a book report, that hadn't been started, needs to be done, a baby is SCREAMING in the car and needs to be fed, changed, and put to bed...and bedtime is in a half an hour!!!!!!! Oh, yeah, and by the way...the kitchen is in complete disarray from dinner. I feel myself lose it as I pile 3 of the 4 kids in the car at 8:10. We get home and, as Kione is playing volleyball, this is what I am playing, it's a game called "balancing act." With one hand I warm up Tai's dinner, as it is in the microwave I make a bottle, as he is eating I read stories to Malia while feeding Kiana, oh, yes, before that I pick Tiare up from dance, drive her to the craft store, entrust my debit card to her (are you kidding me?) and send her in to buy her items she needs for school tomorrow. All the while, Tai and Malia are at it again (yahoo!), Kiana is screaming and I am breathing deeply. After Tai eats, Malia showers, Kiana is changed, the book report is done, and all is quiet, Kione comes in from volleyball. I don't really think he wanted to completely look at me because I am giving him the "I'm really irritated that you were gone" look. I "top" Kiana off with one last bottle and think of the messy kitchen that awaits me. When, alas, I hear glasses clanking, dishwasher starting, cupboards closing, and realize that Kione has cleaned the kitchen for me and suddenly I can't feel irritated anymore. I begin to realize how lucky I am to have a husband that cares about me and is willing to help out when he can see that I need it. So, thank you, Kione for doing the dishes and cleaning the counters, putting away food, reading scriptures and saying prayers with Tai, because I was in too much of a rush to get him to bed and didn't do it myself, and for being a great husband and for doing it all with a smile and kind word when you are done! I love you!

3 comments:

Trish said...

My husband is out of town and my kitchen needs a little help. So does the laundry, the bathrooms...and oh yea, the actual children. Do you rent out Kione by the hour?

Jodie said...

It's so refreshing to read a post like this, because it's nice to know that kind of church-sports-ranting and child-balancing goes on at other people's houses too. We're normal - phew! I just wish the husband kitchen cleaning part was normal as well.

The Gonzales 'Ohana said...

What an awesome hubby Kione is! Does he have a brother you can hook me up with? LOL