Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Shot Day :(




This is my cute little Kiana hours before her 4 month shots...happy as can be, having not a clue in the world what will take place at 4 in the afternoon.

As we walked up the pavement to the doctor's office I could feel the pit in my stomach growing. I usually convince Kione to come with me on these little visits to our good old pediatrician so I can leave the room as my children are being poked with 2 inch needles. But, because of football practice (gotta love it), I am flying solo. As I open the door I can feel my sweaty palms. We make the co-pay, sit down and wait. Kiana is smiling brightly at me while I make a fool of myself with my baby talk and funny faces. THEN..."Kiana Gonzales" the nurse calls. I stand up and feel my knees give way but somehow I make it to the back room. It is fun to see how much she is growing and it's always fun to brag about all of the amazing "things" she has learned. Then, while looking into my eyes, smiling with no care in the world...bam! In goes the shot and out comes the scream. But, she made it. All is well in the world and we're done for the next two months...thank goodness!!!



4 comments:

The Gonzales 'Ohana said...

Oh my gosh! LOVE that cute picture of sweet little Kiana! She's SO, SO adorable!!! And how nice to finally see you in a picture on here...you are beautiful as always! :) Glad she survived her shots...that's never fun for the baby (or the Mom!) Love ya!

Jodie said...

Oh man, Tate has the dreaded "shot day" tomorrow. I'm with you on this...pounding heart, sweaty palms and all. No fun.

Stookey Family said...

Nik your blog is so cute loved the stories and your pics are just the best.

Trish said...

That face kills me!! I just want to eat those cheeks up!!!